Tuesday, May 5, 2009

well...the time has come!



Simplyninepatch was started to keep my english speaking friends up to date with my life and my works. After i shared the project "A thousand colors for the children of Abruzzo" on the blog, i made so many new friends and you are all asking for photos. The first one i want to share with you is me with the partner of my life, my husband Vincent. We've known and loved each other for the past 34 years through the thick and thin of life. We met in Rome while studying at the Italian Bible Institute and after our graduation we left Italy and went to live in Pennsylvania where Vincent's family settled after emigrating from Italy their country of birth in the sixties. We now live and work as missionaries in the province of Treviso.
The next picture was taken at the wedding of my aunt from my dad's side, it is an "historical" picture since it has been given to me recently and four generation are pictured: my mom, my grandmother, my greatgrandmother. In the picture there are also my brother, my aunts, my cousin and the newly acquired uncle who send me the precious picture. Can you guess which one is me ?



The project A thousand colors is going great, I'm learning a lot through it. The first quilts arrived yesterday and i got very emotional about it. It is a discovery every day: new friends, new ways of quilting, beautiful fabric and most of all the generosity and love of quilters around the world. Thank you all, i am truly blessed!

Eccomi....e' arrivata l'ora!

Molte di voi mi hanno chiesto di postare foto e, per amore di chi non mi conosce personalmente, ho postato due foto: una recente di me e mio marito Vincent ed una di me da piccola, indovinate quale sono? La foto e' una foto"storica" di famiglia che ho acquisito di recente ed e' stata scattata il giorno del matrimonio di mia zia Mimi, sorella di papa' e sono rappresentate quattro generazioni: io, mia mamma Lia, mia nonna paterna Amabile e la mia bisnonna paterna Genoveffa anche chiamata la "Nonnona" per la sua mole non indifferente. Gli altri nella foto sono il mio nuovo zio Sereno, la sua nuova moglie, la zia Mimi, sua sorella Natalina con mia cugina Antonella ( diventata da poco nonna! ) e mio fratello in braccio alla mia mamma.....ora potrete indovinare quale sono !

Il progetto Mille colori sta andando alla grande, ieri sono arrivati i primi due quilts da Denise di Monfalcone, ero molto emozionata, sono arrivate anche i ricami di Antonella e le due etichette di Elisabetta, tutto e' bellissimo!!!
Le adesioni stanno arrivando da tante parti del mondo ed io mi sento lusingata e felice di essere la testimone di tanta solidarieta' e generosita'.

Un bacio a tutte

Roberta


3 comments:

Shari said...

Thank you for sharing your family with us Roberta! It is wonderful to have a husband who is a life partner - a sometimes rare thing these days. I feel that way about my husband. We have been married 20 years.

Cheers! Shari

Allie said...

Awww....are you the babe in arms? What a nice pic of you and hubby! I wish mine was my good friend.
Can't believe you have quilts already, I'm working hard on mine!

Anonymous said...

Appreciation to my father who shared with
me concerning this weblog, this blog is really amazing.
Also see my page > Http://Garlicroot.Forumscloud.Com/Technology/Helpful-Tips-On-How-Best-To-Remove-Acne-Quickly-With-Natural-Home-Remedies/